Cairns 1044 Traditional with Defender Visor, Deluxe
- Leather/sateen liner
- PBI/kevlar earlap
- Carved brass eagle front holder
- Nomex quick release chinstrap with postman's slide
- Reflexite trim
- Amber defender visor
The Classic 1000, Cairns 1010 and Cairns 1044 Fire Helmets offer the following features and benefits:
- Market-leading 5-year shell replacement warranty.
- Non-corroding, high-temperature-resistant, faceshield/goggle hardware.
- Rugged, high-temperature edge trim will not melt or drip.
- Easy front headband adjustment for proper SCBA mask fit.
- Simple rear ratchet height adjustment to fit all head sizes.
- Headband (63⁄8 to 83⁄8) fits a wide variety of head sizes.
- Durable helmet hanger fits on large hooks and resists bending.
- Minimal parts for lower service cost and easier maintenance.
- Exclusive shell release system for an extra margin of safety.
- Unique tube-lock system absorbs the shock of an impact.
The Biggest difference between the Cairns 1010 and the Cairns 1044 is that the Cairns 1010 is painted over the the Dura-Glas and with the Cairns 1044 it is the actual Dura-Glas color. Exclusive dura-glas, chip-resistant through-color. High-performance, high-heat-resistant compression-molded fiberglass composite shell.
Approvals & Standards
NFPA 1971-2007 certified.
- A tough, through color, DuraGlas fiberglass and high-temp composite resists cracking and chipping and provides a perfect combination of durability and performance in a lightweight, high-performance design.
- Features a non-corroding, high temperature, glass-filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware.
- The ultra high temperature (TPR) edge trim will not melt or drip.
- A Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- A choice of Nomex or Pbi/Kevlar earlap increases neck/ear coverage and protection and the patented shell release increases neck and head protection.
- A high-temperature foam cap increases thermal and impact protection and a higher temperature impact cap liner resists distortion at higher temperatures.
- An exclusive SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA mask and the three-position rear ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 6-3/8 and 8-3/8 inches.
- A choice of flannel or leather cushion liners, removable for washing and upgrading, provides greater ease and comfort.
Cairns & Brother has over 160 years of experience in manufacturing structural firefighting helmets.
Ratings & Reviews
Love this helmet
by Chief Kent Pridemore
Love every thing about this helmet. Especially the defender shield it has saved me tons of money by not having to constantly replace shields when the get burned or broken. Not to mention the Durability of the Cairns helmets never let me down.