N6A Houston Standard Bend with Bourkes, Deluxe
Deluxe configuration includes:
- Leather/sateen liner and flannel crown pad with PBI/Kevlar earlap
- 6" carved brass eagle front holder
- Nomex quick release chinstrap with postman's slide
- Reflexite trim - Lime Yellow
Leather Models: N5A (New Yorker) & N6A (Sam Houston):
Constructed of top-grain steer hide shell, layered with a high performance thermal impact cap, skillfully hand-tooled by MSA/Cairns craftsmen. These are the only 100% true leather helmets!
Since 1836, Cairns has been the original manufacturer of leather firefighting helmets. The N6A and N5A retain the same authentic look and quality that generation after generation of firefighters have relied upon. These helmets are made with the added protection necessary for today's standards of safety in the firefighting industry.
With over 165 years of experience to draw upon, Cairns manufactures the only 100% leather helmet shell that meets the most recent structural firefighting certification level.
* Tough outer shell
* Greater thermal impact protection
* Lasts for years with minimal maintenance
Features & Benefits
* 100% leather shell - hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched and hand trimmed to meet today's standards
* Insurance against fireground damage with Cairns 5-year shell replacement warranty
* High-temperature foam cap increases thermal and impact protection
* High-temperature impact cap liner resists distortion at high temperatures
* Comfort fit for all head sizes between 6-3/8 inches and 8-3/8 inches
* Large diamtere helmet hanger fits on large hooks and racks
MEDIUM - 6-1/2 TO 7-3/8
LARGE - 7-1/2 TO 8
Hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched and hand trimmed to meet today's standards. With over 165 years of dependable performance, Cairns have been a manufacturer of the leather firefighting helmet since 1836. The Houston helmet retains the same authentic look and quality that generations of firefighters have relied on. Made with the added protection necessary for today's standards of safety in the firefighting industry, in your choice of silk-screened 6-inch front holder on standard configuration or carved brass eagle 6-inch front holder on deluxe configuration. The durable leather shell lasts for years with minimum maintenance. Features a non-corroding, high temperature glass filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware and soft, black Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide that allows quick and easy adjustment. Offers choice of Nomex or Pbi/Kevlar earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection, as well as a choice of removable flannel or leather cushion liners for washing and upgrading that provides greater ease and comfort. An engineered impact cap provides advanced thermal/impact/penetration protection. The larger diameter hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
SAM HOUSTON (N6A) vs. NEW YORKER (N5A)
The difference is that the N6A has a triple layer impact cap and is NFPA 1971-2007 certified. The N5A has a double layer impact cap and is OSHA approved.
NOTE: This helmet configuration is not kept in stock. There may be a delay in delivery.