Kidde DC CO/Smoke Combo Alarm (Ionization)

(0) No Reviews yet
SKU: LS-9000102


Kidde DC CO/Smoke Combo Alarm (Ionization)

Battery Operated Smoke Alarms, by Kidde, require no wiring and include all batteries necessary for operation. Each unit features a “low battery” indicator and test button. Suitable for installation on walls or ceilings. Lonization sensor. Alarm/voice message warning system.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless poison gas that can be fatal when inhaled. CO exhibits the blood's capacity to carry oxygen.

Symptoms of CO Poisoning:
  • Mild Exposure: Slight headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue (often described as flu-like symptoms)
  • Medium Exposure: Severe headache, drowsiness, confusion fast heart rate
  • Extreme Exposure: Unconsciousness, convulsions, cardio-respiratory failure, death

Recommended Installation Locations:
CO alarms should be mounted in or near bedrooms and living areas. It is recommended that you install CO alarms on each level of your home. When choosing your installation locations, make sure you can hear the alarm from all sleeping areas. If you only install one CO alarm in your home, install it near bedrooms, not in the basement or furnace room.

Possible Sources of Carbon Monoxide:
Inside your home, applicances used for heating and cooking are the most likely sources of CO. Vehicles running in attached garages can also produce dangerous levels of CO.

CO can be produced when burning fossil fuels, such as gasoline, propane, natural gas, oil and wood. It can be produced by any fuel-burning appliance that is malfunctioning, improperly installed or not vented correctly, such as:
  • Automobiles, furnaces, gas ranges/ovens, gas clothes dryers, water heaters, portable fuel burning space heaters and generators, fireplaces, wood-burning stoves and certain swimming pool heaters.
  • Blocked chimneys and flues, back drafts and changes in air pressure, corroded and disconnected vent pipes, loose or cracked furnace exchangers.
  • Vehicles and other combustion engines running in an open or closed garage, attached or near a home.
  • Burning charcoal or fuel in grills and hibachis in an enclosed area.

To be safe, know the possible sources of CO in your home.  Keep fuel-burning appliances and their chimney and vents in good working condition. Learn the early symptoms of exposure, and if you suspect CO poisoning, move outside to fresh air and get emergency help. Your first line of defense is an annual inspection and regular maintenance of your appliances. Contact a licensed contractor or call your local utility company for assistance.

Ratings & Reviews

No reviews available

Be the first to Write a Review