Cairns 1010 Traditional Fire Helmet with Defender Visor & Faceshield Deluxe
Cairns 1010 Traditional Fire Helmet With Defender Visor & Faceshield Deluxe - NFPA
- Leather/sateen liner
- PBI/kevlar earlap
- Carved brass eagle front holder
- Nomex quick release chinstrap with postman's slide
- Reflexite trim.
The Defender Visor for Cairns 1010 Helmet offers the following features and benefits:
- Retractable eyewear system that's ready when you need it
- Available with a new helmet or as user-upgrade kit
- Quick-disconnect for fast lens change-out without the use of tools
- Never lose or misplace your eye protection again
- Optically correct lens eliminates peripheral distortion
- Doesn't block front piece like other eye protection styles
The Cairns 1010 Fire Helmet offers the following features and benefits:
- Market-leading 5-year shell replacement warranty.
- Non-corroding, high-temperature-resistant, faceshield/goggle hardware.
- Rugged, high-temperature edge trim will not melt or drip.
- Easy front headband adjustment for proper SCBA mask fit.
- Simple rear ratchet height adjustment to fit all head sizes.
- Headband (63⁄8 to 83⁄8) fits a wide variety of head sizes.
- Durable helmet hanger fits on large hooks and resists bending.
- Minimal parts for lower service cost and easier maintenance.
- Exclusive shell release system for an extra margin of safety.
- Unique tube-lock system absorbs the shock of an impact.
The Biggest difference between the Cairns 1010 and the Cairns 1044 is that the Cairns 1010 is painted over the the Dura-Glas and with the Cairns 1044 it is the actual Dura-Glas color. Exclusive dura-glas, chip-resistant through-color. High-performance, high-heat-resistant compression-molded fiberglass composite shell.
Approvals & Standards
NFPA 1971-2007 certified.
- A tough, through color, DuraGlas fiberglass and high-temp composite resists cracking and chipping and provides a perfect combination of durability and performance in a lightweight, high-performance design.
- Features a non-corroding, high temperature, glass-filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware.
- The ultra high temperature (TPR) edge trim will not melt or drip.
- A Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- A choice of Nomex or Pbi/Kevlar earlap increases neck/ear coverage and protection and the patented shell release increases neck and head protection.
- A high-temperature foam cap increases thermal and impact protection and a higher temperature impact cap liner resists distortion at higher temperatures.
- An exclusive SCBA interface front headband adjustment matches the fit of any SCBA mask and the three-position rear ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 6-3/8 and 8-3/8 inches.
- A choice of flannel or leather cushion liners, removable for washing and upgrading, provides greater ease and comfort.
Cairns & Brother has over 160 years of experience in manufacturing structural firefighting helmets.
This is a stock photograph.