Cairns 880 Chicago Helmet with Bourkes, Standard
- Flannel liner
- Nomex earlap
- 6" Silk screened front holder
- Nomex with quick release chinstrap with postman's slide
- Reflexite trim - Lime/Yellow
*Our standard configuration helmets come with the postman's slide chinstrap which is normally only available with the deluxe configuration. An added value of $6.00.
Smallest, lightest traditional-style fire helmet available. Impact cap retains the safety features of larger, traditional-style helmets. Low-profile, stable, balanced shell for optimum clearance and maneuverability. Five-year shell replacement warranty.
The 880 Tradition Fire Helmet offers the following features and benefits:
- Market-leading 5-year shell replacement warranty.
- Non-corroding, high-temperature-resistant faceshield/goggle hardware.
- Rugged, high-temperature edge will not melt or drip.
- Easy front headband adjustment for proper SCBA mask fit.
- Simple rear ratchet height adjustment to fit all head sizes.
- Headband fits a wide variety of head sizes (5 5⁄8 to 7 5⁄8).
- Durable helmet hanger fits on large hooks and resists bending.
- Minimal parts for lower service cost and easier maintenance.
- Unique tube-lock system absorbs the shock of an impact.
- Cairns original Oak vine pattern molded into the brim.
The MSA 880 Tradition Chicago Style Fire Helmet from Cairns Helmets combines traditional design and legendary performance with modern materials and a new fire-hardened look. This helmet's design offers a low-ride and compact profile for superior clearance and maneuverability. The tough, high-temperature thermoplastic shell resists chipping and cracking. Cairns Helmets' standard five-year shell replacement warranty provides insurance against fire ground damage. Our high-tech thermal impact cap provides increased heat and impact protection. The unique tube-lock system helps to absorb the shock of an impact.Ultra-high temperature TPR edge trim prevents against melting or dripping. The three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit for all head sizes between 5 5/8" and 7 5/8" inches. Front headband adjustment features an exclusive SCBA interface that matches the fit of any SCBA facepiece.
Cairns & Brother has over 160 years of experience in manufacturing structural firefighting helmets.
Black, Red, White, Yellow are usually Stock items, there may be delays ordering other colors.
Cairns 880 Fire Helmet
Ratings & Reviews
Best composite helmet
by Dave DeMarest
I used an old style 880 helmet for years with my volunteer department before upgrading to a leather. When I got on the job 2 years ago I chose the 880 again, this time the new style, and I couldn't be happier. Not as light, but rides low and is definitely not as cumbersome as the 1000-series lids.