N5A Leather New Yorker Standard Bend with Bourkes - Deluxe
The Leather N5A is OSHA compliant
Deluxe configuration includes:
- Leather/sateen liner and flannel crown pad with PBI/Kevlar earlap
- 6" carved brass eagle front holder
- Nomex quick release chinstrap with postman's slide
- Reflexite trim - Lime Yellow
Constructed of top-grain steer hide shell, layered with a high performance thermal impact cap, skillfully hand-tooled by MSA/Cairns craftsmen. These are the only 100% true leather helmets!
Since 1836, Cairns has been the original manufacturer of leather firefighting helmets. The N6A and N5A retain the same authentic look and quality that generation after generation of firefighters have relied upon. These helmets are made with the added protection necessary for today's standards of safety in the firefighting industry.
With over 165 years of experience to draw upon, Cairns manufactures the only 100% leather helmet shell that meets the most recent structural firefighting certification level.
* Tough outer shell
* Greater thermal impact protection
* Lasts for years with minimal maintenance
Features & Benefits
* 100% leather shell - hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched and hand trimmed to meet today's standards
* Insurance against fireground damage with Cairns 5-year shell replacement warranty
* High-temperature foam cap increases thermal and impact protection
* High-temperature impact cap liner resists distortion at high temperatures
* Comfort fit for all head sizes between 6-3/8 inches and 8-3/8 inches
* Large diamtere helmet hanger fits on large hooks and racks
Medium - 6 1/2" - 7 1/2" (head circumference 20 3/4" - 23 5/8")
Large - 7 5/8" - 8" (head circumference 24" - 25 1/4")
The original OSHA-compliant leather helmet, individually hand crafted, hand shaped, hand stitched and hand trimmed to meet today's standards. With over 165 years of dependable performance, Cairns have been a manufacturer of the leather firefighting helmet since 1836. The New Yorker helmet retains the same authentic look and quality that generations of firefighters have relied on. Choice of silk-screened 6-inch front holder on standard configuration or carved brass eagle 6-inch front holder on deluxe configuration. A durable handcrafted leather shell lasts for years with minimum maintenance. Features non-corroding, high temperature glass filled polymer faceshield/goggle hardware and a soft, black Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide that allows quick and easy adjustment. Offers choice of Nomex or Pbi/Kevlar earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection as well as a choice of removable flannel or leather cushion liners for washing and upgrading that provides greater ease and comfort. The larger diameter hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
SAM HOUSTON (N6A) vs. NEW YORKER (N5A)
The difference is that the N6A has a triple layer impact cap and is NFPA 1971-2007 certified. The N5A has a double layer impact cap and is OSHA 1977 certified.
NOTE: This helmet configuration is not kept in stock. There may be a delay in delivery.
Ratings & Reviews
by Jared Kirby
I bought this helmet a while ago replacing my department issued helmet. It's a bit heavier but more comfortable and the weight distribution on my head made it remarkably more comfortable and I noticed the reduced fatigue if wearing it for an extended period of time. All in All a great option with a good look to it.