Sterling Custom FCX Escape Systems
The Sterling FCX system is a Firefighter Escape System designed to offer firefighters a quick option for rapid egress from an upper floor in untenable fire conditions. The user can deploy the system, anchor to the interior of the room, and bail out of a window in seconds.
The FCX descender has an auto-locking feature and also an anti-panic feature. Both designed to prevent uncontrolled or over speeding the device. The large red lever provides easy access and use with a gloved hand.
With the introduction of the FCX Descent Device, we are now able to offer a wide range of the most advanced personal escape systems available. Our FCX systems are customizable with your choice of escape rope, anchor hook and storage bag. Each of these options comes pre-assembled. Rope Options:
- FireTech2 : 50' (15.5M) constructed of Technora over Technora.
- SafeTech : 50' (15.5M) constructed of Technora over Nylon.
- Without a Bag - for users who have built-in bailout pockets
- F4-50 : Heat Resistant Bag with HK Sleeve
- Escape Pocket Bag : Ultra-Durable Orca Fabric
- Crosby : 14.2 oz
- Lightning GT Hook : 7.7 oz
- Lightning Hook : 8.0 oz
- 7" Lanyard : Hollow-Braid Technora Cord
- 9" Lanyard : Hollow-Braid Technora Cord
- SafeD : Lightweight Aluminum with a Removable Captive Eye Pin (Note: All systems require this carabiner, which attaches the escape system to the users harness).
Customers who purchase escape system must also wear a fire-rescue style harness. The escape system must attach to users harness in order for all components to work as intended.
It is highly recommended that all escape systems users attend an escape system Basic End User training class, delivered by a factory authorized trainer. The class provides end users with the essential skills for user escape system use and operation. All Hands Fire Equipment & Training is an authorized trainer and can provide all levels of training - Basic End User, Train-the-Trainer and Refresher. For details, contact Training@AllHandsFire.com.